Can I run a .NET program using XP & parallels?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by drwaffle, Feb 5, 2007.

1. drwaffle

drwaffle Bit poster

I keep getting an error.

2. sray

sray Bit poster

Off course. I use a variety of .NET applications in WinXP and some of our .NET developers do their C# .NET development in Parallels running WinXP.

Perhaps you could tell us more about your error?

3. jwiegley

jwiegley Junior Member

I develop in .NET 1.1 against MS SQL Server 2000 using Visual Studio in one Parallels virtual machine, and in .NET 2.0 against MySQL using Visual Web Developer Express in another. They run *awesome* under Parallels, it's even better than using a second laptop with Remote Desktop Connection (which is what I did before getting my MacBook Pro).

John

4. jkwuc89

jkwuc89 Member

What error are you getting? Perhaps you don't have the .NET framework installed? I have versions 1.1 and 2.0 installed and .NET apps built against either version work just fine inside my Parallels VM.

5. hanseric

hanseric Bit poster

Got blue screen o' death while trying install .net framework

When I tried installing the .net framework, my Win XP VM just hung indefinitely (note: it sure is nice that I can keep working on the mac while Win-d'oh!-s can run aground like that... :) ).

It's part of a download that comes with www.tubesnow.com as part of setting up to use their online file transfer site.

Going to try installing it again but thought I'd post it here in case anyone had any further comments/clues on why this might be happening. ....

Okay, it SEEMS to have installed ok, but I got this pop-up error (see attachment to this message). What's that about, anyone know?

This came up after each of two times installing the .NET framework.

Hans

Attached Files:

6. chartb

chartb Member

When Windows hangs, it makes a note of what caused the hang (as best it can determine) and after a restart the "Online Crash Analysis" (OCA) will attempt to provide help to avoid the situation next time (if you say OK to the "Send this to Microsoft?" question).

What you are seeing is the crash reporting... well... crashing. For whatever reason Windows is not able to phone home to get the OCA results.

This is not a fatal error (but may indicate that your internet connection is somehow messed up...).

And for what it's worth, based on the message you see it was the USB driver (UHCI) that caused the hang you saw.