Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac Build 11990 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dmitriy, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Bit poster

Dear Users,

Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac build 11990 contains bug fixes and enhancements that improve the overall performance of Parallels Desktop 6. This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

This updates includes the following bug fixes and improvements:

- Address stability and performance of Parallels Desktop and virtual machines.
    - Resolve various networking issues.
    - Improve the process of converting third party virtual machines.
    - Address an issue when Parallels Desktop won't start.
    - Address an activation issue when upgrading Parallels Desktop.
    - Add mouse settings to Parallels Desktop Preferences.
    - Resolve printing issues.
    - Address issues with unexpected inability to copy and paste between Mac and Windows.
    - Resolve an issue when a Boot Camp virtual machine requires to reactivate Windows .
    - Address a mouse handling issue that causes incorrect transitions between SmartMouse modes in 3D applications and games.
    - Add support for Red Hat 6 and Fedora 14 operating systems.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/9389

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  2. Mattster

Mattster Bit poster

Using PT6 11828 does not find 11990

Using PT6 and version 11828. Tried to download the newest version to help stability using the in-product check for updates. This does not find the newest version... the result comes back stating I am using the newest version. I have to go to the download page to manually download it. Hope it helps stability.

3. PatrickJ

PatrickJ Member

Hey hey! 3d mouse cursor fixes.. sweet - downloading update and giving it a try.

Thanks!

4. XiZ

XiZ Bit poster

mouse settings in preferences?

I dont see any mouse settings in the parallels desktop settings menu. Is this happening for everyone?

5. Tim Lorenzen

Tim Lorenzen Bit poster

The update completely breaks NavyFIELD under Windows 7... black screen on startup.

6. hansmol

hansmol Bit poster

Kernel Panics

Ever since I installed this version (as a result of another failure) I get 3-4 kernel panics.
    It is (at least to me) a very unstable version.
    I am thinking of going back to the previous build as that one was stable.
    Haven't opened a case as I don't have enough time to resolve this.
    I just keep rebooting the Mac and work.
    In the weekend I will go back to the previous version.
    Hans.

7. de3an

de3an Bit poster

I have Build 6.0.11828 (Revision 615184; November 2, 2010) installed, but the "Parallels Desktop in-product updater" says I have the latest version. What's up with that? (Yes, I know that I can download it manually, but am wondering why the in-product updater doesn't work.)

8. dw32

dw32 Bit poster

Mysterious chimes on startup: p Desktop 6, XP

Just installed PD 6.0.11992, fairly painlessly, and so far it works a treat, on a MacBook, OSX 10.6.5, Win XP (don't know SP, version etc).

But during the windows boot process there are some mysterious chimes. Investigating via Control Panel, Sounds showed I'm getting two Device Disconnects, then later there are two Connect chimes.

Seems harmless, but what is causing this? Could it be to do with Parallels Tools?

9. Hans Balen

Hans Balen Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011