Bug in 6.0.11990 Opening email in Outlook 2010 causes HTML file "Save" popup

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SamPa, Dec 7, 2010.

1. STim

STim Bit poster

MacBoy, thanks. I see your problem is gone.

Now waiting for Nova77 input.

2. Mac.M

Mac.M Bit poster

Any idea on when this will be fixed????? Been dealing with this BSOD for the past month, now i have to deal with this as well?? Why was this update even released..

3. mrutter

mrutter Member

Good news from Italy. Your instructions worked fine in my case.
    Now I'm able to open any help files (MSDN & Visual Studio internal pages included).
    Outlook seems to not ask me to save the pages.
    About step #3: in my case the check was already on "Default"

I'm going to perform some more tests.

Thank you.
    MR

4. Nova77

Nova77 Bit poster

Please note that none of the suggestions seemed to work: I set IE as default (after sending the report), and tried STim's solution, to no avail.

5. STim

STim Bit poster

Nova77, have you tried the addition to workaround that I posted yesterday?

mrutter, thank you. Keep us updated please.

6. Nova77

Nova77 Bit poster

Yes, this is what I meant by "STim's solution".
    (EDIT: I just realised that using your name might have been confusing, sorry :) )

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  7. moods

moods Bit poster

Bug in Parallels Desktop 6.0 Build 6.0.11990

Hi Paralles

Yesterday I installed your Workaround with the new Parallels Tools. Outlook works for a while, no asking to save in html...

But since there, I have a few Outlook 2010 Crashes (since yesterday two times per day) and I have to repair via Office Tool.

I noticed that the Windows 7 (32Bit) Superfetch Service wont work. We have every time a new problem.

Then I installed a fresh Windows 7 (also 32Bit) with a new Office 2010... same troubles here!

Please fix this Parallels version immediate - we cannot work serious with that.

So I installed for now my HP Notebook so that I can work without the pain with crashing applications, services who won't start (printqueue, superfetch and so on...)

Thanks for a reply

Roger Staerk

8. Mac.M

Mac.M Bit poster

Wow just great, I install your so called "Workaround" NOW instead of a dialog box popping up every minute, my Outlook crashes every 10..... I would rather deal with the popups.... How long do we have to wait and deal with this because you guys cant test your builds before you make everyone install them... Is this what we paid for.. some of us use this in the workplace and this is unacceptable.