memory problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bigbob, Feb 6, 2007.

1. bigbob

bigbob Member

I get a msg memory is low. I have the C drive 8 Gigs and another folder with 100gigs. How do I extend the size of C ? bibbob

2. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

Do you want to increase your virtual hard drive or RAM?

3. bigbob

bigbob Member

I guess the ans. is HD. I have the 100gig folder named images but I guess I'm not using it. bigbob

4. utw-Mephisto

utw-Mephisto Member

Memory low messages are related to RAM and not diskspace ;)

5. bigbob

bigbob Member

The iMac has 2 gig of ram 1 gig for xp and 1 gig for iMac. bob wide open for help.

6. VTMac

VTMac Pro

You need to give more info so someone can help you. Are you getting the message from Windows or Parallels or OSX? What version of Windows? What is the exact wording of the message? What operation are you performing when you get the message.

7. bigbob

bigbob Member

Sorry for all the confusion: I am using XP Pro - The computer is in Parallels Windows. I am using a 20" iMac with pentium processor.I was retouching an image when a box come up " C: Drive low on space. The next thing I know the compressor started. It took about 15 min. to complete. The above msg went away. The name of the program was called Retouching Pro. I would like to thank you for trying to help. I have 2 drives original one made at time of installing Default 8gig's - Called Charles-he had me make a drive with 100gig in it.Said this was better then trying to enlarge drive C. This was 2 months ago . I am now using V 3150 RC 2. Thanks again bob