Sporadic network lose and VM Lock up in 3150

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BenInBlack, Feb 6, 2007.

1. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

This is really tough to nail down, it has happened just a couple of times and not sure what it might be.

I have read other posts on the network memory leak and I am tending to think that way, because the last time it happened i just lost network and I was using mac side browser at the time, and no matter what i did i had no Internet until i shut down parallels and then all back.

Just wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

another note, it seems to only happen after lenghty period.

sorry to be vague :confused:

2. dmgwork

dmgwork Member

Network loss

I have also noticed that after Parallels is running for many hours, the network stops working under windows but not on the mac. I have restarted parallels, but this does not help, I have found that it takes a full system reboot ( of the mac) to get the network to start working again.

3. mchang

mchang Bit poster

Same here. Just experienced it a few hours ago. Had to completely restart the OS X side of things. Seemed like I was getting an IP successfully in the VM, but it was hard to tell how fresh of an IP it was.

4. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Yes, when it locked i was in coherence mode and i had windows open
    3 My computers
    1 Acrobat Reader
    1 Paint Shop Pro
    1 Ultra Edit

(I convert a monthly magazine data to web)

My Memory for the XP Pro VM is set to like 676 Meg and i have Parallels adjust reserve set to manual and 808 meg.

Basically in one instance I had all that up and whe i came back it was all there, no crash, but now mouse movement. I could controt(cmd)-tab so i new the mac was up but i could effect anything and had no mouse. after mucking around and using cmd-esc i finally got it to were i could see flickers on XP side and eventually was able get xp to shut down.

the other instance wasnt doing anthing thing in VM but had stuff going on in Safari and FF mac at same time and just lost network.

In both cases when i restarted the VM all was fine again

5. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Ok, over long term testing.

I have notice that if i know im going to be away for a bit, and I close down all open program on XP, that I dont have any lockup of VM or loss of Network.