Internet not working after Windows 7 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by aaronasu10, Jan 3, 2011.

1. aaronasu10

aaronasu10 Bit poster

Hello,

I was running Windows XP in Parallels 6 just fine. I upgraded to Windows 7 and now I cannot get any internet access. It does not even recognize that I am part of a network. I am having driver errors with "Ethernet Controller", "Multimedia Audio Controller", and "PCI Device". Everything worked fine before the "upgrade" but now I can't get any internet or network connectivity. Please help! Thank you!

2. Reallyflying

Reallyflying Bit poster

I had the exact same problem.

I just reinstalled the Parallels Tools and it work for me

Virtual Machine - Reinstall Parallels Tools

3. SD Lonyer

SD Lonyer Junior Member

windows 7

How did you upgrade from xp to 7? where there any other issues with the upgrade?
    thanks

4. MicheleO

MicheleO Bit poster

Same issue here. The 'problem' is that the Parallel Tools that are installed for Windows XP are not the tools needed for Windows 7. After the upgrade of Windows 7, a new installation of Parallel Tools is needed. Then ... all works as it should.

5. aaronasu10

aaronasu10 Bit poster

So, I reinstalled Windows 7 from the backup disk that I had Microsoft send me and that worked (almost) fine. The issue I have now is that my internet is working, but it does not recognize the network that I am on. I can't find the network, and I need to so I can get the programs that I need to run. Any idea how I can get that set up? Thanks!