Lock mouse in view

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mark vW, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Mark vW

Mark vW Bit poster

I got an external monitor plugged into my iMac. I use parallel desktop on that monitor and when I set it to fullscreen it correctly fills the screen with the parallel desktop view. It's also generaly handy I can move the mouse between my Mac and Windows (Parallel Desktop). But when I start my game (such as League of Legends) it uses the boundries of my screen the move around, but it now ignores one side since the mouse will then enters the second monitor.This is extremely annoying. One solution would be to plug out my external monitor but I don't want. So my question:

How can I lock the mouse within the Parallels Desktop view?

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Try setting SmartMouse to off in Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Options -> Advanced.

3. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

The Auto option is supposed to turn off SmartMouse temporarily for games. Maybe you had SmartMouse set to On or maybe it doesn't work with your game?

4. Mark vW

Mark vW Bit poster

Thanks joe so much for your respond. I looked everywhere thou I must have overlooked this option.

It was set to Auto, but I guess Parallel didn't recognize the game League of Legends to turn it off automaticly. So I turned it off manually. Which works, but comes with a new problem.

When I load the game it now flickers like crazy when I move the mouse. (Black screen, normal, black screen, normal, etc.) When I set the game in Window mode, this problem seems to be fixed, however when i play I have an intens frame drop to like 4 or 6 fps. I can't play like that.

5. soundevolution

soundevolution Member

Same problem here.

Auto = no detect full screen and cursor goes outside screen
    Off = blinking graphics, not usable,

Additionally, having to shut down the entire guest machine to change the mouse setting is a royal pain.

6. OkhwanL

OkhwanL Bit poster

I have same problem. .. it does not work at all...when i play league of legends..

smart mouse is always enabled...

It looks easy to solve...

I expect that I can play LOL in parallels ...Thanks