Parallels Tools are outdated

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Victor Johnson, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Victor Johnson

Victor Johnson Bit poster

I'm getting an error message in the gray bar across the bottom of my Parallels window in the Window setting. It reads: "Parallels Tools are outdated. Wait for automatic upgrade to complete or upgrade manually."

I had been advised by one of the Parallels tech folks to uninstall my Version 5.0 and then reinstall that version again. I was concerned about losing my Windows data and held off. Then version 6.0 comes along and I decided to buy it and load it. While loading 6.0 it stated that it uninstalled my 5.0 version (just as the tech guy recommended) and installed Version 6. I figured that since this was an upgrade it would just replace my Version 5.0 and keep everything intact. However, now that version 6.0 is loaded, the error message is still in the gray bar and even though I tell the 6.0 "Virtual Machine" to "Update Parallel Tools" (as I tried in the 5.0 version) the new 6.0 Version won't do it either.

My biggest frustration is that the Virtual Machine, set in the "Window" View, isn't synchronizing between my Mac screen resolution and the PC resolution - the dynamic screen resolution adjustment. If I go to the "Full Screen" View, then it's fine. I just prefer to work in the "Window" View.

Hope this makes sense.

2. peterlemer

peterlemer Hunter

hi victor, did you resolve this problem? I have the same and tried to reinstall tools, but that didn;t help

pete