How can I migrate a Parallels virtual machine to use it on Vmware?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tigre_mx, Nov 10, 2006.

1. tigre_mx

tigre_mx Bit poster

Do you know any way in which I can export my Windows virtual machine on Parallels for Mac and use it on Vmware for Windows??

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Why don't you use Parallels Workstation 2.2 for Windows? It is fully compatible with Parallels Desktop for Mac and you can use same images in both products.

3. tigre_mx

tigre_mx Bit poster

Because actual environment for Windows pc's on our company is Vmware, and for Macs we use Parallels. Do you know of any conversion tool included on Parallels or any software I could get??

Thanks Andrew...

4. Dr_Cure

Dr_Cure Bit poster

I'm looking to do the same thing. I'm out of town for the holidays, but just found this shareware called MakeVM? It sounds like it might work for transferring parallels to vmware and vice versa.

http://www.sysdevsoftware.com/soft/makevm.php

5. mike3k

mike3k Member

Why do you assume everyone is running Windows? I'd like to be able to move my Parallels Windows XP VM to Vmware on my Ubuntu box.

6. scottj

scottj Bit poster

Andrew, you're going to see more questions like this if you don't make updating Parallels Workstation a priority. It's February and we still don't have Shared Networking out here in the Workstation world. Must have it. VMWare has it. Meanwhile we non-Mac users feel like second-class citizens. The first rule of marketing is keep the customers you have. So...