Windows XP guest loses keyboard input

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GeoffP, Nov 23, 2010.

1. GeoffP

GeoffP Bit poster

I'm running Parallels 6 with a Windows XP SP3 guest on a late 2008 Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard (10.6.5). I upgraded to Parallels 6 just after it came out, and had no problems until today, when suddenly Windows is not hearing the keyboard: either the laptop keyboard or my Apple bluetooth keyboard. Both have worked fine until now. The only way I could complete some urgent work in Windows was to manually connect the laptop keyboard to the guest via the Devices menu. I would be grateful for any assistance.

2. blshaw45

blshaw45 Member

I have the same problem

GeoffP:

Did you ever receive an answer or find a solution? My Macbook Pro has been running PD6 with XP just fine for some time now, but today I lost all keyboard input (although the trackpad still works) even though nothing changed in my configuration. Rebooted XP, restarted Parellels, rebooted the Mac, etc., etc., but nothing has restored the keyboard.

Brian Shaw

3. blshaw45

blshaw45 Member

Forget it

I took the suggestion of others in another thread and uninstalled PD6 and reinstalled it. Problem fixed. Sure would like to know what broke it, though!

4. GeoffP

GeoffP Bit poster

Brian:

I didn't get any replies, and notably no response from the Parallels folks either. However, I did exactly as you did: uninstalled PD6 and reinstalled it. Everything has been fine since then. I agree that it would be nice to know what caused it.

-geoff