Anyone else still with 1940?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ScottishCaptain, Feb 8, 2007.

1. ScottishCaptain

ScottishCaptain Bit poster

Just wondering here.

I've been using build 1940 since it came out. No problems, crashes, or issues. It's a great build- it's simple (from my view), powerful, and doesn't assume as much as the later builds do on behalf of the user. Irrelevant (from my POV) features like Coherent didn't exist to clutter up the UI.

I've got a MBP that I use daily with Windows XP and then my Fedora Core 6 FreeNX Terminal Server at home, both running Parallels, build 1940, with zero issues 24/7. The Mac Mini auto-launches Parallels and thus my Linux VM, which is very nice and works extremely well.

I've tried 3150 and the previous builds, but I find that Parallels is swerving from a powerful, professional, and simple to use application to that of a user-friendly, and concerningly messy clutter of features and additions. I almost feel as if the application is going off in too many different directions to apparently become a better application as the builds go on.

Maybe it's because I use VMWare Workstation at work and also at home, and to me, 1940 was the closest thing Parallels had to that of a really polished, professional application.

Is anyone else still in the 1940 boat these days?

Or am I just the crazy hobbit sitting in the corner now?

-SC

2. dm3

dm3 Member

Ya, I'm still using it. I was on 3120 RC1 but Parallels was consuming 25-60% of the Macbook's CPU even while Win2k was idle. I reverted back to 1920 and CPU util is 5-10% when Windows is idle.
    I don't care for the new coherance mode. The focus is too much on Windows, not any focus on Linux and focusing on Windows at the expense of Mac OS X. That will not fly. If I wanted a perfect emulation of Windows I'd run windows. I want my Mac OS X experience to be perfect.