Printer Issues w/Parallels for Mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by billallenpdco, Feb 16, 2011.

1. billallenpdco

billallenpdco Bit poster

I played with a trial version of Parallels and thought it was great, except for one thing. I was not able to print from both OS's. It required that I unplug the printer cable, plug it back in, then select which side of the partition I wanted to print from. Did I miss something in the set up?

2. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Bit poster

You can easily use printer connected to Mac in both OSes simultaneously with " Shared Mac Printer" feature.
    Learn more here.

3. Kathleen R

Kathleen R Member

same issue but using bootcamp as VM Parallels 5

Wow. This looks like it may address 1 issue I have been having which is just like this person reported. I clicked on the link but it said not to install the printer driver in the VM. I didn't install it in the VM, but I do have it installed in Bootcamp since I might want to print while in bootcamp.

I have an HP Photosmart C4680 that I got with my Mac. I've been having to unplug it & then plug it in & sometimes that works & sometimes it doesn't.

So since I have the Windows drivers for the printer installed in Bootcamp & using Bootcamp as my virtual machine, what do I do to get it to work with either operating system without unplugging?

MacBookPro 13.3" 4 gb RAM, OS 10.6.6 Parallels 5.0.9344