Swtching to Spaces from within VM without enabling Mac OS Shortcuts?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by lax828, Jan 2, 2011.

1. lax828

lax828 Bit poster

Hello -

First time poster so please excuse me; I'm sure it's been answered before but couldn't find it in any post.

Is it possible to have a keyboard shortcut when I'm in the VM to switch me over to my Spaces running my other Mac OS programs?

CAVEAT -- I understand I can click the 'Enable Mac OS X' and my keyboard shortcuts that I use to switch between spaces (^ + arrow key or ^ + number key) work fine. However, I use the ^ (Ctrl) key in many different Microsoft programs and I basically need the Ctrl + arrow key and Ctrl + number key.

Again, my goal is to switch over to my non-VM spaces with a keyboard shortcut without enabling Mac OS shortcuts. Thanks!

2. chrislo2401

chrislo2401 Bit poster

Hiya,

I changed the Spaces preferences to use Option + number key as I also needed Ctrl + number for a lot of programs.

I haven't found any program yet that this interferes with in Windows.

Hope that helps.

Chris

3. arhoads76

arhoads76 Bit poster

Ctrl-Up/Down when disabled in Spaces

I have "Enable Mac OS X System Shortcuts" enabled, but Ctrl-Up and Ctrl-Down are not mapped to Spaces. I would have expected that these would be passed through to my VM since they are no longer in-use by Mac. At present this does not appear to be the case. Am I missing something?

I am running 11994 on Lion, if that makes a difference.

4. arhoads76

arhoads76 Bit poster

Ctrl-Up / Ctrl-Down in Lion

I did a restart of Mac after unmapping Ctrl-Up/Down to Spaces and now they are passed through to the VM.