Lion Beta Compatibility

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by blueicee414, Feb 24, 2011.

1. DarienJim

DarienJim Junior Member

Now I cannot even see parallels???

2. DarienJim

DarienJim Junior Member

I am going to try again. Which execution file should I be running? The one listed above or the one in the document. The one in the document does not see to do anything whereas the one above at least gives me the error statement.

3. DarienJim

DarienJim Junior Member

I think I finally got it to boot but I cannot see a full screen. I see the 'Parallels Virtual Machines' and then there is a button and black box called 'Microsoft Windows Vista'. When I push the button I see it boot up and I can see the little Vista login page in the box, but I do not see a full screen anywhere.

Any idea what I am doing wrong???

Attached Files:

4. DarienJim

DarienJim Junior Member

See the attached. It seems to boot up and the little picture box finally boots up Vista but I do not see he full screen anywhere. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Attached Files:

5. DarienJim

DarienJim Junior Member

OMG, I fixed it. I eliminated the Spaces (I had 8 of them) and now I can see Vista. Not sure why I thought of that but now I look like I am working again.

6. TerryN

TerryN Bit poster

Finally

Thanks for the hint DarienJim. I didn't actually have to disable Spaces (or change to 1 space). I had Parallels set to startup in a specific space which seems to be causing problems. I deleted the specific Space entry in settings for Spaces. The virtual was then able to startup and run full screen without any apparent issues.

7. Killerbob

Killerbob Member

I for the life of me can't get this working. I have tried the sudo command in Terminal, but only get an "invalid directory" error.

What is the exact command, and are there any other fixes I need to implement?

Bo

8. DryDoc

DryDoc Bit poster

Parallels Build

I have heard that the build 6.0.11994 (the most recent) is the one that is causing the most problem with Lion. Is the 11992 the build you all are using?

9. KarstenA

KarstenA Bit poster

i'm running 11994, using the script per usual and can run the VM (vista) fine in windowed mode but coherence doesn't work. i can't select any background os x windows while it's running. i disabled spaces in os x. any ideas? thanks:)

10. bosco08

bosco08 Bit poster

Anyone notice,....

wifi card gets turned off or not recognized? I can't get wireless working on the VM.

11. iamchunts

iamchunts Bit poster

Chrystal Mode

Anyone know how to get Chrystal Mode running like this?

12. 87racer

87racer Member

Parallels Desktop Launcher

For all those having trouble getting the script to run due to typos or copy/paste issues I put the script in applescript editor and saved it as an application. I have tried it on several fresh Lion installs and never had any issues. Make sure Parallels is closed then run the launcher. It will ask for your password to run the script as sudo, run the scripts, and then launch parallels.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/QS9DD6S/Parallels Desktop Launcher.zip

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  13. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Member

87Racer,

Thank you so much for this.

Am I to assume that if Lion is released on Monday
    (as it is being rumored) this installer will enable me
    to launch Parallels from within it?

14. 87racer

87racer Member

I could be wrong but it is more likely that lion will be unveiled and not actually released on monday. However, if it is released and Parallels does not have an update, just running this with parallels not yet open you should have no problems running Parallels. Keep in mind shared networking does not work currently and you must use bridged networking(not sure what the disadvantage if any is to bridged networking). Also this is not really an installer, it just runs the script that parallels originally posted as the fix for running on lion and then opens the app. Let me know if you have any other questions.

15. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Member

87Racer,

Really appreciate the help.

Hoping Lion is available next week, but I do
    realize that rarely happens the day of the keynote.

16. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Member

Okay....

Just installed newest version of Parallels.

It launches fine in Lion.

Any difference between just launching Parallels
    or using the script?

What would not work without using the script.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  17. 87racer

87racer Member

The new version of Lion works fine without the script/launcher. There should be no reason to use the launcher anymore since it just loaded the 4 kexts that failed to load and that has been fixed in the newest version.

18. RusselJ

RusselJ Banned

It seems the virtualization extensions and also mentions to reboot to install a driver. [​IMG]