Autoconnect On for some USB devices

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by legoandy, Feb 9, 2007.

1. legoandy

legoandy Bit poster

Hello,

I use Parallels on my MBP and I love it. Well, I wish I would not have to, but our company uses time tracking software on Windows and so, I am forced.

What my issue is that I have to shut it down when I don't use it, otherwise it grabs all my USB devices. But if I don't have Autoconnect on, then my Palm Desktop (that I need for the time tracking) on Windows does not sync my Palm properly.

So, what I would like to see is USB autoconnect to be off for all devices except the one you specify from the list.

Comments?

Andy

2. nycruza

nycruza Hunter

Sounds like a good idea!
    Did you send this a feedback (beta@parallels.com)
    In the mean time, why not unplug all devices EXCEPT the palm cradle?

ajm

3. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

Andy, exactly right. RC2's autoconnect is so powerful it takes over all the Mac's USB ports whether Parallels is the active application or not.

Like you, I woulld prefer to have the autoconnect off, so I could select the device I wanted to connect to from the USB menu. I've already reported this to Parallels. What model Palm do you have?

4. legoandy

legoandy Bit poster

What I do now is actually turn off Parallels and use it only when I need to sync (it is Treo 650). This causes me to only sync when I really need to, since starting Parallels is kind of annoying (takes some time).

Especially with coherence, I would love to run Parallels all the time. Oh, and I just ordered another GB for my Mac Book Pro.

5. nobius

nobius Bit poster

Which is a real pain when you plug in an iPod over USB and Parallels grabs it for XP. I have to keep unchecking it from the USB list in order for iTunes on the Mac side to sync.