Serious Hang

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnZo, Mar 8, 2011.

1. JohnZo

JohnZo Member

A support request was filed on this but am posting in case anyone has an idea to recover VM access.

Upgraded to 6.0.11994 from 5 last week. Mac Pro (2009), 12 GB Ram, 4 cores. Everything seemed ok until now. Running two VM's at the time: Win7-64 bit and XP Pro. While working in the Win7 VM, a right mouse click resulted in a total freeze of my Mac Pro. Even the clock stopped. Had to power down the Mac and restart. VM's came back up but behave strangely. More than a single mouse click in either machine is ignored. As near as I can tell, the VM's seem intact.

When I click on a VM, the first click changes from the Mac cursor to the windows cursor and that click is accepted. After that click (mouse_up event?), the cursor changes to Mac. I can then click on the Mac desktop, go back to the VM desktop and get one click (only) registered. Another click on the Mac desktop, then another click on the VM desktop can be registered. Using the somewhat tedious technique, I was able to properly shut down both VM's from within Windows.

My development work is stopped until this is resolved. Appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.

2. JohnZo

JohnZo Member

No response from support. Uninstalled 6 and reverted to 5. All works fine. Thanks to those that posted the revert process.

3. Algyros

Algyros Bit poster

John,

Hope I'm not hijacking your thread with this, but how do you uninstall Parallels (Ideally, I'd like to uninstall just my VM because I want to replace it with another, but starting over would be fine)?

Thanks,
    Alex