Help with network post Airport N-enabler!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Posersurfer, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Posersurfer

Posersurfer Bit poster

Hello,
    I installed the $1.99 airport N-enabler yesterday hoping to improve my newtwork speed via my Belkin Wireless-N1 router. However, the update has broken my network connection in Windows XP within parallels (1970). I have tried switching the network between bridged and shared without success. Does anyone have a solution? I have a deadline in which I have to complete job training in the next 24 hours within IE for windows and it would be great not to have to go out and hunt for a public machine. Thanks!
    Betsy

2. Luke Ireland

Luke Ireland Bit poster

Have you tried setting the router off auto mode and put it on 802.11b/g fixed

I had this issue with Windows Clients (not Parallels) when I upgraded to 802.11n

3. Posersurfer

Posersurfer Bit poster

Switching Network Type

Thanks for the tip but the Belkin N-1 only allows 802.11g&n or no wireless at all. There are no settings for a/b/g only.
    Betsy

4. drval

drval Pro

Have you tried removing it and reverting to what was working, albeit more slowly, before?

5. Posersurfer

Posersurfer Bit poster

Removing N-enabler

I'm not sure how I would go about removing the 802.11 N-enabler? Any tips? Thanks.
    Betsy

6. MartyMcr

MartyMcr Hunter

11n

I've just installed the 11n updater that came with my new Airport Extreme - all working fine here on 3150 RC2. I'd suggest you backup your 1970 installation and try the latest release - lots of improvements!

7. gkantz

gkantz Junior Member

3150 is still a problem post n-enabler

I have lost all of my network drive access after installing the n-enabler, even on 3150 RC2. This is a versy serious problem.

In addition, I use Paperport to scan all important documents. All folders were network drives that are located on Mac OS X. Post n-enabler, it sets those directories in Mac OS X to "NO ACCESS", so I have to go back to the info screen for that directory in OS X and turn access back on!!!!

There is no way to uninstall the N-enabler. Besides, why the heck should I have to?????

Parallels - this is a REALLY HUGE problem.

8. rmanley

rmanley Junior Member

Search for "extreme" in this forum. There is an incompatibility which can be solved by changing from shared networking to default adapter.