Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 on windows guest OS

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AndriyM, Jan 19, 2011.

1. AndriyM

AndriyM Bit poster

Hello guys,
    I'm having troubles installing SQL Server 2008 R2 on windows guest OS.
    Installation interrups during the setup of support files with following message:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup
    ------------------------------

The following error has occurred:

The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The error code is 2337. Could not close file: Microsoft.SqlServer.GridControl.dll GetLastError: 0.

Click 'Retry' to retry the failed action, or click 'Cancel' to cancel this action and continue setup.

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Link...er=10.50.1600.1&EvtType=0xDF039760%401201%401

BUTTONS:

&Retry
    Cancel

Will appreciate any advise!

2. Nico van der Linden

Nico van der Linden Bit poster

same problem...

anyone who had this error and solved it? I have the same problem. I try to install MS SQL 2008 server R2 (64 bit) on a windows 2008 server 64 bit edition (also domain controller). It is purely for a test machine but I cannot install MS SQL because of this error.

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Nico...

3. Bill Eisenman

Bill Eisenman Bit poster

Installing SQL Server 1008 R2 on a windows guest OS

I am personally running SQL Server S008 R2 on both a Windows 7 (x64) and a Windows 2008 R2 Server Instance. In both cases having received the error. You first must download the NEW setup from Microsoft and then to install correctly you MUST make sure that you install as an ADMINISTRATOR.

4. Nico van der Linden

Nico van der Linden Bit poster

Hi bill,

thanks for your reply. I tried to install the enterprise edition while the standard edition was more then enough for the test I wanted to perform. So when I installed the standard edition (also 64bit) I did not encounter the same issue (I was logged on as administrator in both cases). So problem is solved although I still don't know why the enterprise edition failed.

Kind Regards,
    Nico...