WinXP unusable under 6.0.11994, OSX 10.6.6

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by usatraveler, Apr 3, 2011.

1. usatraveler

usatraveler Bit poster

This is a new issue for me - WinXP is running horrendously slowly to the point of being completely unusable. I haven't timed it, but I'd say it's well over 10-15 minutes to get to the desktop from the start of the boot. I end up just force-closing the VM every time I try.

I can't determine if the new issues stem from any one of the following, and I'm not quite sure where to begin troubleshooting:
    -Update to OS 10.6.6
    -Removal of optical drive to replace it with a second internal hard drive
    -Update to PD 6.0.11994
    -Installation of most recent Parallels Tools

I'm fairly certain 10.6.6 is not the issue, as I do seem to recall having used XP under 10.6.6 without an issue before the other three items.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated. I have done some searching and don't think I see anyone else with the same issue yet, unless I'm just not looking in the right places.

2. usatraveler

usatraveler Bit poster

Appears to be fixed. I did a few things, and something in there kicked it over to working normally. For one, I uninstalled Parallels Tools. Then, I uninstalled 6.0.11994 and re-installed 6.0. I also made sure that in the Boot Camp hardware configuration, I unchecked the CD/DVD "Connected" box, as there is nothing connected now that I have removed the SuperDrive. Something in there did it, and I'm running normally as far as I can tell.

3. usatraveler

usatraveler Bit poster

Update, issue has re-appeared under 11994. XP is completely unusable. Going back to 6 flat.

4. patddfan88

patddfan88 Member

I had issues running windows 7 under Parallels 5