full screen mode after RDP

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DevinS, Apr 15, 2010.

1. DevinS

DevinS Bit poster

I currently run parallels 5.0.9344 with windows 7 ultimate 32bit as the guest. I've found that when I run windows in full screen mode (set to use both of my 2 monitors) it works fine but after I have connected to the guest using a computer with only 1 monitor it will remain stuck, it won't switch back to dualscreen until I reboot the guest OS. So to clarify: my mac at home is dualscreen, I then go to work and RDP into the Macs win7 guest from my Win7 work computer using only one monitor, after I return home and log back into the win7 guest on the Mac, it remains stuck in only one monitor even though the setting is still enabled to use all available monitors. the only way to fix it is for me to reboot win7. I've tried adjusting the windows resolution settings, switching between full screen mode and window mode, as well as suspending win7 and waking it up....nothing works except for rebooting the guest os. Does anyone have a suggestion, I would really prefer not to have to reboot the guest every time I come home from work especially because I have applications running on it that I prefer stay up continuously. thanks.
    Also I've already considered that it might not be such a big issue if I actually spent more time doing actual work whilst at work instead of remoting into my home computer.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  2. ParaJim

ParaJim Bit poster

I just switched to Parallels 6 with Windows 7 this last week, and I have the same issue.