High Swap Usage after last Patch?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by lynmatten, Apr 13, 2011.

1. lynmatten

lynmatten Member

Hi All,

i have a one year old macbook pro with 8 GB RAM.

After updating to the last build i got a permanent RAM Problem while using my W7 with Parallels: I configured the VM with 2 CPUs and 3 GB RAM.

Bevor i start i have more than 5 GB RAM free. After starting the VM, there are only some 30 MB free and the paging is increasing. THe System then is acting really slow.

Doe´s anyone have the same problem or some hints how to solve this?

Regards

Solick

2. MstyMntnTop

MstyMntnTop Bit poster

I too am experiencing this. My system almost locks up when Parallels is running after this patch. I have even reloaded the computer from scratch reinstalling the OS and every thing works great until I install Parallels. I have a new Macbook Pro with 8gb ram and 2.66 GHz Intel i7. This is not an issue due to a lack of hardware requirements. I've even given the VM 4 GB ram and 4 processors with no change in performance.

I would appreciate any help on how to fix this.

3. lynmatten

lynmatten Member

unfortunately, still no update and still no comment from official support :(

Meanwhile i´ve encountered another probelm, which maybe is related to this memory issue: I use a smartcard Reader form Kobol for my bank business (Secure HBCI-Connections). Since the last update, the whole vm crashes sometime with a bluescreen when a plug in the usb kobol reader. The usb*.sys lib seams to be out of memory or somthin like that.