Recover data from virtual hard disk?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dMac786, May 2, 2011.

1. dMac786

dMac786 Member

I have an hdd file that has valuable data, but its support files are gone. Is there any way to integrate it back into my VM? If not, is there any way to recover the data?

Thank you!

2. DoniK

DoniK Hunter

Just add it a a hard drive to a new or existing VM.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. dMac786

dMac786 Member

That should work, I guess, but it doesn't. I have the original, unmodified x.hdd file. When I add it back into the VM, I'm told that it has an unrecognized file system. I had Parallels convert it from a dynamic disk to a static disk, but that didn't help.

4. fast-tl

fast-tl Bit poster

5. carternick433

carternick433 Bit poster

Hello friend!
    To undelete data on your Mac system you can either use the backup if saved earlier or just go for a third party Mac data recovery software that very efficiently and conveniently without much problem.

6. EugeneO

EugeneO Bit poster

Whenever anybody is faced such problem then he can try this Free Trial application. I strongly recommend this application because it helps me a lot to restore my data from virtual disk.

7. paul04

paul04 Bit poster

Several of situations might be the cause of corruption in VHD file. To tackle this problem, upload the latest backup file of VHD. If you dont have a fresh copy of VHD backup or the backup file has also corrupted then as a good suggest, please ignore to use any other manual trick on VHD file otherwise the data harm situation will be come on your way. Get an external VHD recovery solution for getting back your crucial data back from Virtual hard drive.

I was also stuck with the same scenario.

8. peggyA

peggyA Bit poster

VHD Recovery is an advanced and highly efficient VHD repair tool that offers paramount efficiency in repairing the corrupt, damaged and inaccessible VHD files. This software repairs VHD files created using Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Hyper-V swiftly without further delay or error. Besides, the tool is empowered with multiple working modes to retrieve data that has been lost due to severe damage to the VHD files.

9. rehamoastra

rehamoastra Bit poster

Kernel for VHD Recovery Software is the best and professional apps to recover files, folders and other data from corrupt Virtual Disk Drive. The tool is able to immediately recover data from corrupt VHD file.

10. Jhon p

Jhon p Bit poster

No matter how or why file get lost from Macintosh hard drive but as long as the catalog information of the lost data remains unused by the Operating System it can be recovered. There are only few option which can provide complete recovery of lost files on Mac, one of them is backup. However but the problem is when there is no backup then what? Well the answer is quite easy, use third party tool. Actually manual methods require high level technical skill so if you are technically very strong then go for it, otherwise use rather an easy and equally effective option Mac Data Recovery Software.

11. aabigail1

aabigail1 Bit poster

VHD recovery software recovers corrupted, damaged, inaccessible VHD data successfully. Read more and free download click here http://vhdrepair.blogspot.com

12. BellyB

BellyB Bit poster

Lost files can usually be recovered if you discover the loss soon enough. But every time you write to the hard drive, you lower the likelihood of a successful recovery. So use that computer as little as possible until the files are recovered or you've given up hope. Luckily, you also can restore deleted data from virtual hard disk with the help of Data Recovery. This software is suitable for data loss in many situations. Deleting, formatting, virus attacking, improper operation and other situations are all involved.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  13. @BellyB thank you for providing info.

14. TirthankarB

TirthankarB Junior Member