Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3036 Beta is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmac

blackmac Junior Member

Sounds like you are not using the latest beta? These problems should be gone!

2. snodman

snodman Member

Windows security update KB890859?

Wants to run every time I boot into Parallels. If I run it, it comes back again the next day and wants to be run again and rebooted. This is using a Boot Camp installation of XP SP2 fully patched. Has anybody else noticed this?

3. lwhitten

lwhitten Bit poster

Try discrete download

This happened to me as well. I got it to go away by downloading the update by itself (not the automatic update). It came back when I upgraded to 3036, installed manually again, and it has gone away again. Very strange...

4. timsmyname

timsmyname Bit poster

bootcamp will no longer boot

installed the 3036 beta on fully patched 10.4.8
    then after installing the parallels tools - Parallels-Tools-Bcp-1.0.3-Win.exe on a fully patched sp2 xp pro install....

I can run windows through parallels but when i try to boot directly into windows via bootcamp the screen hangs on the "please select the operating system to start:" window and I have no keyboard control to let me select either microsoft windows xp professional or parallels configuration. And the screen just hangs here - it doesn't eventually continue on to the bootup.

any suggestions?

5. maynard

maynard Member

Network - Outlook loses network mapped drive connection

I am using Outlook in my VM to connect to my PC that hosts my email via a share. What I am finding is that Outlook loses the ability to open the mapped drive or loses the connection to the email folders. And yes, it is reconnect at startup is selected.

I am playing with keeping the folder open for the mapped drive t see if this helps keep open the connection and it seems to b working.

I have no issues when accessing the data folders, but Outlook in the VM after a few minutes, I am guessing standby or background mode, loses the connection state. Close Outlook and open it and all is well.

Obviously this can produce a corrupted email file.

And of course the iSight issue as documented, I would agree it is lit up, but not sending video.

MG

6. maynard

maynard Member

PPC locks up whole system

OK.. another BIG one..

I am trying to get my PPC 6700 phone to use ActiveSync 4.2 with Outlook 2003. It shows up on the list but no action in the VM other than it locks up the VM and my whole MacBook Pro.

Outlook was not loaded, I knew better from my last post.

I need to remove the batteries to recover... So REALLY hurts when I do that... so after trying it 2 times.... "Don't do that" seems prudent. ;-)

So similar I am guessing to the iSight issue.

Please fix this one...

Thanks.

MG
    michael@SkypeTips.com

7. snodman

snodman Member

It finally went away for me as well. I agree, very strange..... At least everything else has been working swimmingly for me. No stability problems at all.

8. SteveDemy

SteveDemy Member

The problem was the CD connection

Similar issue here. Each time restoring VM from suspended state, it invited me to unload Parallels tools. I found that the CD/DVD-ROM 1 had attached itself to an iso file (on OS X) and was mounting, then executing in the VM each time the VM was restored. The solution was to disconnect the CD drive in Parallels and re-connect it to Default CD/DVD ROM where it used to be. I'm suspecting that I suspended Parallels when the iso file was mounted and it wouldn't forget it. I had troubles with a USB card reader that needed a force quit so maybe that was the cause of the problem. Anyway, the solution was to disconnect the CD in Parallels from the iso file.

9. snodman

snodman Member

Well, the "Groundhog Day" issue of the same XP patch getting pushed to my BootCamp installation each new day when accessed through Parallels came back for me the past couple of days. I have tried what you recommended and will let you know if it fixes it for me tomorrow.

10. rrissmiller

rrissmiller Bit poster

RC 3036 - USB Printer problems

Hi. I'm having problems getting an Epson R340 printer to work. The printer is found and I can run through the Epson install utility. At best I seem to be able to get the printer to print once, right after running the installer. After that all print jobs hang in the print queue. I used printer driver v5.5aA, the latest available on the Epson site. Any suggestions on resolving this?

11. darhelp

darhelp Bit poster

A standard user can mount and unmount drives.

This will be unfortunate for a corporate environment were the computers are locked down, and they are setup so users do not have Admin Access, i hope there is a way around this.

12. sierra

sierra Bit poster

Beta Release 3150 Still Has Parallels Tools Crash Problem

I installed Beta Release 3150, received the tools not compatible message, and then BAD POOL HEADER problem I reported back in December.

The work around is boot up in Safe Mode with Networking (Hit Apple-F8 immediately during Windows Boot) and install the Parallels Tools while in Safe Mode.

Once up and running, I've only had one unexplained crash in 40 days of usage. Kind of typical for Windows..

Enjoy!

13. Colin Holgate

Colin Holgate Member

Build 3150 works on my oh-so-recent Mac OS MacBook Pro. Thanks!

(edit, wrong thread, sorry!)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  14. DarkM0o0gg

DarkM0o0gg Bit poster

Transport Image to Boot Camp?

Overall, THIS BETA IS SOLID!!! I'm glad to own a full license and support continued development of this fantastic product. I mean come on, Coherence.... Such a GREAT thing! Now I can run the already purchased copy of Office and don't have to bend over for Bill again. :eek:

So, is this possible? Image Transporter doesn't seem to do the trick. I haven't tried BartPE or ebcd yet, but why make it that much effort.... :cool:

15. jbrowdy

jbrowdy Member

I would really like to know this, too.

16. DarkM0o0gg

DarkM0o0gg Bit poster

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  17. jblack

jblack Bit poster

I have the same problem. The keyboard on a MacBook Pro doesn't appear to supply the cursor keys to navigate. I adjusted the boot.ini file to have a 30 second time out, so that the original bootcamp partition is launched. Unfortunately it continues to a repair screen where again I have no keyboard control. I don't know enough about boot.ini to attempt anything else :(

18. chris_phs

chris_phs Bit poster

Tools Intallation Problems

For some reason once I installed the new version, I haven't been able to install parallels tools. I uninstalled tools and when I go to actions/install parallels tools, no dialog pops up to continue with the installation. Though the option from the main menu goes from the above to actions/cancel installation of parallels tools. Is the installation in the background and does it take awhile or something? Are there alternative ways to install it? Without tools installed, once I go inside the virtual machine interface with my mouse, I can't escape it however.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

19. Gigabeat

Gigabeat Bit poster

USB 2.0 support

I've just installed the latest beta but now my external hardrives and mp3 player are no longer connecting properly. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

20. AlanH

AlanH Pro

The current release is build 3186, it's not a beta and that's the one you should be using. It's the one you get if you go to the main download link at the top of the page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.