Ubuntu 11.04 support for Parallels Tools

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by BenBecker, Apr 6, 2011.

1. MarSat

MarSat Bit poster

Same here. Nothing important. But I would have thought that the upgrade to 11.04 did not blow away the virtual harddisk used by 10.10 and the files would be available someplace. Like you said, I didn't lose anything critical, just some downloads that I'll have to repeat if they are unrecoverable.

2. whizzbee

whizzbee Bit poster

I also experienced this problem, not a crucial VM at all so the loss didn't actually matter to me except for the inconvenience of setting everything up again.

The upgrade process from 10.10 to 11.04 seemed to hang on something 'video' related in the upgrade terminal, although I haven't got a note of exactly what it was. The only fix seemed to be to kill the VM and start from scratch (on restart it had obviously 'upgraded' the boot drive sufficiently far that it would no longer start).

I think it would be reasonable of us to ask for an update on the Parallels update including PT for 11.04 at this stage as well. While I appreciate it has only been on 'full release' for a couple of weeks now the GM versions have been available for much longer as part of the predictable release schedule.

The 2D Unity interface appears to work very well though, or Gnome 3 (although I haven't yet tried it).

3. MansourA

MansourA Bit poster

Same for me, the tools don't like version 11.04! I'm wondering how long will you take guys to release an update for this important OS?!

4. pbone3b

pbone3b Bit poster

Subscribing.

5. CharlesZ

CharlesZ Bit poster

Still no update for 11.04

Mid-May and still no support for 11.04 !

6. janpeter

janpeter Bit poster

also subscribing and waiting for an parallels update

7. ludemann@gmail.com

ludemann@gmail.com Bit poster

Also subscribing and waiting ...

8. kartoffel

kartoffel Bit poster

Come on, Parallels...

Another Parallels user subscribed and waiting.

One of the main things that drew me to PD versus other solutions was Parallels Tools. Potential new users seeing this fiasco just might spend their money elsewhere.

9. Shawn Joseph

Shawn Joseph Bit poster

Subscribed and waiting. Can't wait to see all that the latest version of Ubuntu has to offer

10. VietM

VietM Bit poster

Me too

Subscribed. I am interested in buying Parallels if they can support Ubuntu 11.04 / Linux Mint / PinGuy

11. VintageGeek

VintageGeek Member

No Unity Environment with Ubuntu 11.04

I did the same thing as most of you. Tried "In-App" upgrade which destroyed the VM and then tried new install of Ubuntu 11.04 which installed for me but will not let you use the Unity Environment. Stuck with the Classic. I'll wait like everyone else.

12. Carl Petersen

Carl Petersen Bit poster

I'll try appealing to their greed.

You can get your $49 fee for an upgrade as soon as you support Linux in a reasonable manor. Until then nothing.

13. iamvoodoochile

iamvoodoochile Bit poster

Without Tool

this is just an echo of preceding posts... Please hurry with the Parallels Tool for ubuntu 11.04... there is no unity desktop.

Subscribed and waiting. :(

14. GradyV

GradyV Bit poster

Come on parallels!

15. GursimranS

GursimranS Bit poster

Same

Exact same issues here. Has a bug been filed already?

16. ArxC

ArxC Bit poster

Subscribing and waiting...

17. MuratH

MuratH Bit poster

Subscribing and not so patiently waiting!

18. SimonP

SimonP Bit poster

Subscribing.

19. shannonsumner

shannonsumner Bit poster

Subscribing ...

20. EnricoG

EnricoG Bit poster

Subscribing.