Support is poor

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by dMac786, May 24, 2011.

1. dMac786

dMac786 Member

I have been using PD since v3 and have generally been satisfied with it. I've been a beta tester for the last few releases. Recently I've had some problems pop up and have been forced to use Parallels support. On the plus side, support is responsive. However, the India-based call center techs HAVE NO CLUE WHATSOEVER! They suggest solutions that have no relation to the problem. I haven't been able to open Parallels for days because of a relatively common (several forum entries) "Unable to change the virtual machine permissions" error, and the support techs have been flailing around uselessly. Having someone respond quickly isn't enough, Parallels - THEY NEED TO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING.

2. Roman Fattakhov

Roman Fattakhov Parallels Team

Hello,

Could you please post a ticket ID here? We will create a new request for you to fix this misunderstanding

3. dMac786

dMac786 Member

I made that post when deeply frustrated because an earlier problem had gone unsolved until someone here posted the answer and I fixed it myself, and because support for the current problem began in a poor way. I came back the next day to delete the post, but couldn't. Subsequently, I worked with one of the call center engineers, who used a program to control my computer. The "virtual machine permissions" problem was solved by creating a new VM, into which I moved my virtual drives. That was a success for the call center.

I do, however, think it should be easier, or that a formal procedure should be instituted, to kick a problem up to a higher level of support if the call center makes no progress after several attempts.