Previously installed windows

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Nashlawyer, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Nashlawyer

Nashlawyer Bit poster

I am on my macbook. Just installed parallels. I have already installed windows on the system. Parallels now wants to reinstall windows? Do I really need to do this?

Since I had previously installed windows, is there a way simply to get parallels to recognize this.

THanks for the help!

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Did you use Bootcamp?

3. Sonderpa

Sonderpa Member

@constant
    What's the meaning of this? :mad:

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

He's trying to punish people who post questions to the how to forum. I doubt it will have any effect beyond annoying the rest of us.

5. Sonderpa

Sonderpa Member

The title "How to" is too confusing.
    I suggested in another thread to change it in "Solutions", but any other title making it less confusing is fine by me.
    Would probably solve the problem of questions in this forum. ;)

6. Nashlawyer

Nashlawyer Bit poster

Yes, I used bootcamp in setting up my mac.

7. Nashlawyer

Nashlawyer Bit poster

I am new here, but I want to know why this idiot constant keeps posting this nonsense on this thread.

8. Nashlawyer

Nashlawyer Bit poster

This idiot constant

Is there a moderator on this forum? I have posted a question and this idiot constant keeps posting this garbage, for reasons that are totally unknown to me. I don't know if he just wants to be an ass or what. I have a simple question I'd like answered, but I don't think anyone can find the question because of this moron's actions.

Any help is appreciated.

9. palter

palter Hunter

This forum isn't intended for questions; it's supposed to be a forum where users posts solutions on how they did something.

You would've gotten a quicker response in the Mac technical forum or the General Questions forum.

In any event, the currently released version of Parallels (1970) can't share a Boot Camp installation. The latest beta (release candidate, actually) does have this capability. Beware that it's a beta and shouldn't be used for production work. Check the sticky at the beginning of the Mac technical forum for details on how to get the release candidate if you want to try it.