3150 RC2 - New Problem Creating Folders

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Fireguy, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Fireguy

Fireguy Member

Has anyone seen this problem?

When in Outlook (Windows XP/SP2) and in an email with an attachment, I try to save the attachment to my Parallels shared folder directory. Once near where I want to save the attached file to, I use the Outlook/windows structure to click on "new folder" - then name the folder and save the attachment into it.

BUT, STARTING with 3150 I can't save the file! I can make a new folder from inside Windows XP but get an error saving the file. It lets me create the new folder, but not save into it.

I have to go out to the Mac OS side, and click on the new folder to find it is locked. Once unlocked on the Mac side, Windows will save to it again. IF the folder is created first on the Mac side, Windows will save to it fine.

This has never appeared in any prior release. I use Parallels for mostly MS Outlook and have used every build since Sept without this directory problem.

I should be able to make a new folder and save into it from inside Windows, or does the new build have an user preference I need to reset? OR is this a new bug in 3150? If so, it needs to be fixed....

Thanks!

MacPro
    Windows XP/SP2
    NO bootcamp

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

When Windows creates the folder are you the owner as seen from OS X? This sounds like a bug worth reporting to beta@parallels.com.

3. drval

drval Pro

Do you have Global File Sharing enabled or disabled?

4. Fireguy

Fireguy Member

Shared Folder Problem

Yes, Global Sharing IS turned on...
    Thanks!

5. drval

drval Pro

And now it's working as you expect?

6. Fireguy

Fireguy Member

Sorry, I meant to say that the peoblem exists with Global Sharing "on" - should I turn it off?

7. drval

drval Pro

If it WAS that way before perhaps you'll want to try it the other way.

Have you tried to create the folder elsewhere or only the Shared Folder?

8. davidenglish

davidenglish Junior Member

You are not alone here. I am having the issue with 3150.
    And in 3120, had some really odd file sharing / access issues with remapping the my docs.

Also, there are problems doing some windows installs too, with the my docs remapped. More kinks to adjust too.