Coherence and the windows start bar

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by scola77, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

YES !

That is exactly it !

I know they cant change the OS... but they can MASK anything... like powertools for AOL did back in the day, completely changed the look of AOL and added so many new features...

My work around is park it on the FAR right and then set my monitor resolution 2 px too far off the screen.

I cant see it, wont ever hit it, unless I really need it... and it doesnt LOOK like it exists...

2. Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith Hunter

Nice.. I will try that and report back...

3. macinfosys

macinfosys Bit poster

I am in the same exact boat and I am NOT running ANY type of Quick Launch tool. I have loaded different apps on the XP side and my build is updates from older generation of Parallels builds up to the latest beta build. I am showing the Task Bar on the left side of my screen with the Auto Hiding active. I have tried locking the bar moving it back and forth and basically there is not much I can do to get it to AUTO HIDE (all the time). About the only option I have (when the task bar is locked) is when I am done, I right click on the task bar and select Properties and then click on the Cancel button and that gets rid of the task bar. But this is a sad way of using the auto hide feature in Coherence mode. :(

4. gerbig

gerbig Bit poster

I also see the same behavior, the start menu doesn't really autohide in Coherence mode. You have to either have a windows app active or click around like described above to get the taskbar to autohide. I'm currently setup with the dock on the left edge and taskbar at the bottom (I think the taskbar looks pretty horrible at the sides whereas the dock looks just fine on any edge). Is there a more official way to file a bug report?