Mac shutdown loop after Parallels usage

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PascalW, Jun 8, 2011.

1. PascalW

PascalW Bit poster

Hi Everyone,
    I costantly experience a problem every time I shutdown my Mac (Snow Leopard) after the use of Parallels Desktop vm with Win7 (ultimate).
    Performances are good and neither there are problems during the use of Paralles Desktop itself nor during the use of the Windows system, but for sure, after I have been used it (and regularly shutted down and closed and... and... and...) every subsequent Mac shutdown will loop indefinitely on the blue screen with the little wheel rotating forever.
    Obviously I have to switch off the box manually pressing the switch button for some seconds.
    At restart the Mac apperars absolutely ok and there is no evidence of any kind of problem except at shutdown when the problem persists.
    To reset this behaviuor I (simply) have to restart the Mac in safe mode (shift key at boot time).
    This fix the problem until the next vm use.

I really can't say if the problem is due to Paralles Desktop rather than Win7 itself, but I'm quite sure the problem rises only after I have been using vm.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    P

2. Luà sG

Luà sG Bit poster

I have the same problem here. I do not know how to solve it. So i have to login with another user and remove the file /Users/youruser/Library/Preferences/loginwindow.plist to be able to login again.

The problem is reproductive.

3. PascalW

PascalW Bit poster

It seems in this forum people of Parallels came very rarely.
    Anyway "the other famous virtualization product on the market" doesn't have similar problem.
    My only regret is about the money spent in the bundle where the product was included.
    But I have no time to waste.

p