Why would you use a Beta?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rmeyer52, Feb 15, 2007.

1. rmeyer52

rmeyer52 Member

To everyone using 3150 RC I am puzzled as to why you would use a beta knowing fully well that Parallels will not support this release and then come here and post the problems you are having? I am using supported release 1970 with Vista and have had no issues once I installed. I would not install a beta that is not supported it's not worth the hassle of potential problems

2. janitor

janitor Junior Member

Well hopefully people posting thier problems on here will help parallels iron out any problems before the final release, ones they had not had themselves, am running 3150rc and so far had no problems, and i can now use my webcam to hold AV chats with relatives in the states who wont switch to skype or ichat so wouldnt be able to do it without using the Beta, as there's no way to get a webcam working in 1970. Am also using a beta of skype and yahoo instant messenger and had no problems with them either, so beta does not always mean it wont do what it should.

3. rmeyer52

rmeyer52 Member

I agree but you have to understand that when you download a beta it's a roll of the dice ! There are people like you that will have no problems but there are also people who will have a host of problems like the ones here on the board. To me it's just not worth the risk !

4. Lev

Lev Bit poster

You also have to keep in mind that people are only posting when they have problems. Every one who is happily going about life working with the beta, but not knowledgeable enough to help other users out is just enjoying the product in its most updated, even though unsupported form. The purpose of a public beta is for the company to see how the users like it before releasing it, and to finish working out all the final kinks. Yes, some people have issues with betas, but better for them to have issues while its still in beta version than have horror stories of already released prodcuts