Dreamweaver does not run

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Jacquez, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Jacquez

Jacquez Bit poster

Dreamweaver CS4 became unstable and crashed. I reinstalled it, but now it does not start up at all. I searched the Web, and this seems to be a common Adobe-Mac problem - a permissions issue. To solve this problem on Mac one changes permissions in User/Library/Application... but because I use Parallels, there is nothing there. So the question is: where does one fix this in Parallels? I can't find anything in Help; and nothing on the Forums.

2. apichoket

apichoket Bit poster

Maybe you should try to use in a window platform by using Bootcamp and install window.

3. Jacquez

Jacquez Bit poster

Huh?
    The whole idea of Parallels is to use Windows, so I have no idea what you mean.
    Of course Windows is installed.
    The problem is one of permissions - where on earth does one set permissions under parallels.
    The permissions under Apple are fine, but DW still does not fire up.

4. EmilyL

EmilyL Junior Member

You just got me confused about your answer. Of course Windows is installed. THat's the point of Parallels.

This issue (Permissions) really annoys me. On a common Mac, this can be easily resolved. DW also does not run on my system because of parallels. Makes me think that using parallels just complicates things.[​IMG]

5. Jacquez

Jacquez Bit poster

And worst is that Dreamweaver worked fine under Parallels for about 5 months, and then suddenly stopped working for seemingly no reason.
    I originally also had problems running Thunderbird and Firefox, but with Parallels upgrades the only bug remaining is Dreamweaver.
    Everyone seems to be blaming everyone else -- I see Apple afficiendos blame Adobe.

I have been using Dreamweaver since the very first version ever in Windows boxes -- was it 1997 or 1998 - I can't remember and only switched over to Apple in December 2010. Never had a Dreamweaver problem until now.