"Endpoint format invalid" after installing Parallel Tools

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CrisL, Mar 2, 2011.

1. CrisL

CrisL Bit poster

Hi All,

I've just installed Parallels vers 6 (build 6.0.11994 rev 637263) on two MacBook Pros and installed Win7 Pro 32-bit as the guest OS.

I can connect to shares on a local mac server and to other local Macs until I install Tools, at which point I get the endpoint error to the Macs, but the server is still connecting ok. Uninstalling allows the local Mac connections again.

I'm thinking that something happens when the shared folder is created on the Mac dock but am at a loss to see what then causes the connection problem.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
    CrisL

2. AJ08

AJ08 Bit poster

I have the same versions you have and get the exact same error. I haven't been able to fix the endpoint format is invalid error but I did find that connecting directly to the IP address of the Mac or PC's worked.

Go to the start menu and in the search box type \\192.168.1.10 or whatever the IP address of the computer you're trying to connect to and hit return. It should bring up the username and password dialog box.

3. Miaq

Miaq Bit poster

@AJ08 new to Parallels. With Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Windows Home Premium I was having the same issue, but entering the IP addresses was able to connect. Thanks.

4. wryanthomas

wryanthomas Bit poster

apparent DNS resolution issues with Windows 7 vm

I'm experiencing this as well after installing Build 6.0.12092 (revision 670880; June 26 2011) with Windows 7 VM.

I have to connect to my AD via IP instead of domain name.

But nslookup resolves my domain (both ways) just fine.