Boot Camp App dock folder now empty?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CHARLESJ64, Jun 28, 2011.

1. CHARLESJ64

CHARLESJ64 Bit poster

After 6 months of really enjoying Parallels I've come upon a problem.

My native OS is OSX 10.6. I'm running Windows 7 via Parallels Desktop 6.

When I first installed Parallels it placed a folder on my dock called "My Boot Camp Applications" that contained my Windows programs. I generally have used that folder instead of the Windows start menu. Now, for whatever reason, when I click that folder on the dock nothing happens. I can still access all of my Window programs with the start menu, but nothing with the dock folder.

Any suggestions for making that folder usable again?

Thanks

2. Cowboy-Tom

Cowboy-Tom Bit poster

... and it causes finder to crash

Since this week I have the same problem here. I am using Parallels Desktop 6 and running Windows 7 SP1 on the BootCamp Partition. I dropped the the App folder from the dock and reconfigured Parallels to create a new folder. But the new folder does also not work.

If you try to use "Open in Finder" a finder window is shown but it dissapears after a short time and the finder hangs.

Apple provided some security fixes and an update to provide support for Lion. Possibly this updates causes the problem. Another is that the SP1 of Windows 7 causes the error?

I'm not sure.

Regards Thomas

3. JoeStu

JoeStu Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Windows dock stack / folder is now empty and when I click open in finder the finder window opens and then a second later closes. Probably has something to do with parallels latest update which I just installed a week or two ago.