Email alias to file/program

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by mferanda, Apr 17, 2011.

1. mferanda

mferanda Bit poster

Ok,

I need to setup an email alias to send mail to a file/program on a linux box. Of course, there is absolutely no option for this in Plesk. I've looked at not only the interface itself, but the CLI. Since this is necessary to make a helpdesk function through email, I have to make this work.

Now, I did successfully make the changes through manually modifying qmail. Unfortunately, every time a new email is added to Plesk, suddenly these aliases no longer function. They are still in the /var/qmail/users/assign file, but the queue begins filling up. It seems as if my only fix, at the present time, is to run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam. After I run this application, I then have to re-open the assign file and add the necessary alias email addresses. At that point, email begins to flow.

Does anyone have a solution out there for this? I would hope that someone would have a need for alias to program.

2. RusselJ

RusselJ Banned

Anybody have a solution for this?Thanks in advance..,,.[​IMG]

3. mferanda

mferanda Bit poster

I never found a solution. Instead, I ended up just using fetchmail to pull mail from pop accounts.