Microphone in XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Eyes2sky, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Eyes2sky

Eyes2sky Bit poster

I have an XP audio input application usually with the internal mic, and noticed that the microphone is not emulated on the MBP. Does anyone have a work-around, or will Parallels eventually support this?
    I haven't tried an external mic yet.

Other than that, Parallels b4 is awesome. XP is very stable and fast.
    Keep up the great progress.

John

2. jberg

jberg Bit poster

Eyes2sky,

Did you find a workaround? I am running macbookpro with built in iSight and microphone but can't get Parallels to recognize it. I guess I have the same question. Do I need a separate external mic to get sound? I am using this to record demos to present to my classes software tutorials, etc... and want to have the sound along with the action on screen. I am using Camtasia for the recording. I tried several other software apps like Captivate as well but none recognize the built in mic.

Jberg

3. rohela

rohela Junior Member

Need USB support first

in order to use an external microphone there must beUSB support and bridging to the audio input channel. Neither of these things exist in the current beta. Parallels has said that USB support will be available in the final version, but they have not made it clear if this will be complete USB support that includes audio.

Until then how do you intend to use an external microphone? Have I overlooked some trick?

4. ekaram

ekaram Bit poster

Use of external microphone

I have tried with an external headset and microphone, the mic did not work. VM does not even recognize the integrated mic