PD 6 opinions

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SeanGee, Jul 22, 2011.

1. SeanGee

SeanGee Bit poster

Hi All

I trialled PD6 a couple of months ago and didn't bother to upgrade because it was a bit too buggy for my liking using a Windows 7 VM. Now I'm planning to upgrade to Lion and have no choice if I want to stick with Parallels.

Opinions would be appreciated

2. biggulz

biggulz Bit poster

I'm running PD6 (latest version) on a 2010 Macbook Air (Lion) with Win7 installed (not boot camp) in coherence mode. I have had no issues since I purchased the Air and PD6 just over a month ago. All updates for Mac, Win, and PD6 have installed with no issues. Running Win 7 side by side with Mac OS has satisfied me completely but I'm not over stressing either with games or anything. All systems running smoothly.

Hope that helps.

3. Tom Collignon

Tom Collignon Member

On my system it works good if you disable "use animations" in the parallels preferences. Animations are absolutely unnecessary. So just upgrade.

4. RGK

RGK Bit poster

Installed PD6 when it first came and have not had any problems running. At first it was buggy but Parallels worked real hard to fix the bugs. Two latest updates fixed a lot of bugs. Way to go Parallels!!!

5. IvoryC

IvoryC Member

It works good if all updates for Mac, Win, and PD6 have installed with no issues.