Anybody running SAPGUI for Windows in a VM?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mwhitted, May 5, 2006.

1. mwhitted

mwhitted Bit poster

I was doing fine until Beta6. Now, periodically, SAPGUI frontend loses it's connection and I get "Connection to partner broken. WASECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer." This is what happens if you lose your network connection. I can connect right back with no problem. But it's annoying. Any ideas?:confused:

2. cassj

cassj Bit poster

We are having the same problem and still looking for a fix. We are running SAPGUI 6.20 in WinXP SP2 under Parallels for MacOSX 10.4.8. Must be in how Parallels handles TCP/IP. From what I've found so far, for SAPGUI even running natively is kinda sensitive to network hiccups. In this other Forum thread (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/thread?threadID=281515&tstart=30) the guy says this problem was resolved and was caused by "the relevant IP range is blocked by an ACL". Remember too though, this is is when running SAPGUI natively and not in a VM. Maybe it will give some insight though.

3. L-Key

L-Key Junior Member

Any Issues with the MAC SAPGUI?

4. MartyMcr

MartyMcr Hunter

Sap Gui

I've run SAP GUI 6.40 current patch level in most of the recent builds over VPN to work - no problems at all. Had it running for hours!

5. radesix

radesix Member

FYI

I'm running the new 7.10 GUI in Vista Ultimate with no problems at all.