Duplicate MAC address detected

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mcdirt, Nov 12, 2009.

1. RusselJ

RusselJ Banned

Does this issue compatible with parallel 6?Or what is the appropriate version for this?[​IMG]

2. Vaughan Braddon

Vaughan Braddon Bit poster

Also experiancing the same problem

I've also recently been experiencing this exact same problem. So far I haven't been able to reliably reproduce the problem itself and it seems to happen sporadically, but I too am just suspending my Windows 7 VM and coming across the problem when starting the VM up again.

The one thing I do do though is when logged in at work I use an Ethernet cable, but when logging in at home I use wireless. Could the switching between the two networks be a possible cause for this? Unfortunately I have tried to replicate the problem by switching from cable to wireless but I can't seem to replicate it.

I am using a VM pointing to a boot camp partition with no backup software being used at all, not even Time Machine.

3. Vaughan Braddon

Has anyone had any more luck with this? Seems no matter what settings I try I get this problem. I can't reliably replicate it though, as it seems to happen whenever it feels like it. I've tried setting the MAC manually with a MAC that I know is definitely not used anywhere on the network, but it still gives me the same problem.

This is getting very frustrating now as each time it does this I have to reactivate my windows. :(

4. Jorra

Jorra Bit poster

I have had the same annoying problem since Parallels 4 (now using version 6). I'm not going to buy the next version of the software because of this problem.

5. judas_s

judas_s Junior Member

I'm also getting this problem and it usually happens when trying to get back to a suspended-state Windows XP, then rebooting the Mac computer...hope a fix is found soon, as this is an OLD thread and the error has been appearing since v4.0

6. Vaughan Braddon

Fixed in Lion?

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but since I installed Lion 2 weeks ago (and the Parallels update to support Lion) this problem appears to have disappeared.

So far so good, but will keep checking and let everyone know if this happens again.

7. Vaughan Braddon

Well I can happily say that since installing Lion I have yet to have this problem again. :)

8. DianeL

DianeL Bit poster

If anyone finds a fix (apart from installing Lion), please post. The problem still happens frequently for me.

Thanks.