Windows 7 Black desktop screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DustinB, Apr 4, 2011.

1. DustinB

DustinB Bit poster

Hello, I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on my MacBook Pro, I have 8gb RAM, an Intel i7 and Nvidia GT 330M graphics card. I use Windows to run the Adobe CS4 Suite because I recently switched platforms and don't have the money to shell out for the Mac side software.

The other day I downloaded the CUDA Quadro Mac OS X Driver for my graphics card, which turned out to be a mistake, because apparently it needs to be installed before the hardware.
    This had no effect on the Mac side, but my virtual machine is really starting to act up now, I have a black desktop picture that can only be changed to the solid color themes in the appearance panel, if I try to change it to a picture either it says nothing and does not work or I get a system notification saying an internal error has occurred.
    Another time it said something about my graphics card not being direct 3d compatible.
    And when I work in full screen mode it no longer scales to the right size and looks really low quality (lower then coherence at a smaller resolution).

I reinstalled some other drivers and Parallels Tools several times with no luck. I tried using Device Manager and even installed the Windows version of the driver, nothing seems to work.

I haven't been able to locate the same older driver I use to have, does anyone have any advice?

Reinstalling Parallels would have to be a last resort, it takes far too long to install the Adobe Suite.

2. rbdamm

rbdamm Junior Member

Same issue here... Any fixes?