Can't resume suspended VM in Lion

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PaulDyson, Jul 25, 2011.

1. PaulDyson

PaulDyson Bit poster

Hi,

I just upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion with the latest release of PD6 already installed. On trying to resume a previously-working Windows 7 VM I just get a message saying the parallels driver is incorrect and need to restart the host machine. However restart doesn't help. I can't resume and I don't seem to be able to reset the VM.

Any ideas?

2. phawleyjr111

phawleyjr111 Bit poster

I'm having the same problems.

Ideas, anyone?

3. KwanC

KwanC Bit poster

Same issue. I'll have windows 7 x64 ultimate in full screen with an app running. I close the lid for 30 mins perhaps, open and it'll display a blank screen. No cursor movements and no reaction to key presses. I have to hold down the power button to reboot to gain access to the machine.

4. Crazy8

Crazy8 Bit poster

Same issue

I am closing the lid of my new Sandybridge MBA 13" with Lion and Win 7 x64 running, and after a few hours I try to resume (open lid), and dead. Power button must be held down to boot from scratch. This is LATEST parallels desktop b build 12094. Happend twice in 2 days.

5. DHarman

DHarman Member

I'm seeing same issue on latest everything to.

6. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

Has anyone created a Support request for this issue?

7. DHarman

DHarman Member

Yes but I may have screwed up doing it as its only classified as an enhancement request whereas its rather more severe than that.

Item is: 1185834 in your support system.

I also tagged on the problem with colours of wpf apps in same request but I guess that won't be popular being on the same ticket!

8. DHarman

DHarman Member

If anyone else is suffering may I suggest you raise a ticket? They have this on their support queue but priority is dictated by number of users with the issue who complain.

The work around I have been advised is to disable the osx screen saver. Not tested this yet.