Parallels Desktop 6 Gets Stuck on Opening Animation

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JoshuaJ8, Aug 2, 2011.

1. JoshuaJ8

JoshuaJ8 Bit poster

I have parallels 6 and when I tried to open it today (I havent opened it since the most recent update) I realized that it gets stuck on the loading animation (Transparent grey bubble with a load ring and "Parallels Desktop"), no error is given. It'll sit here until I quit the application. I can access preferences, add virtual machines, everything except open the ones I've already installed. I'm running the latest version of OSX Leopard. Has anyone had a similar issue or know of a way to help?

2. macericpet

macericpet Bit poster

Same problem here. After install of new build it gets stuck on opening animation.

3. Doug Kolb

Doug Kolb Bit poster

Same problem here, but I've been running Lion for a couple of weeks.

4. JoshuaJ8

JoshuaJ8 Bit poster

My issue was resolved. I upgraded the hard drive on my mac (I was planning to do this anyways) and somehow during the data transfer from my old hard drive to my new one, Parallels corrected itself. No idea what actually fixed the issue but maybe a reinstall would work? Good luck on fixing it guys!

5. Doug Kolb

Doug Kolb Bit poster

i got through it by downgrading to the previous build, and I'm not likely to upgrade until there's a new one. I just hate those spinning things...

6. JoshuaJ8

JoshuaJ8 Bit poster

How do you restore to your original version? The issue came up again, and I dont plan on changing my hard drive again any time soon haha

7. WillB

WillB Bit poster

I'm getting this too. Restarting my computer seems to help with this, and I think what caused the problem for me to was when I accidentally click the pd6 icon and forced quit it a few times...and later when I really did want to load it, it gets stuck on the animation. Even if that isn't the real cause of the problem I'm sure it didn't help, but I'm suspicious. Any help would be appreciated.

8. tessinj

tessinj Bit poster

I too had the same issue with my Parallels Desktop 6 that getting stuck on the loading animation. My OS is windows XP and everything was working quite well till upgrading to Parallels 6. One of my friends suggested me that it may be because of my system configuration. So I have upgraded my system with a new hard disk drive and an additional 2GB RAM. After that the problem gets resolved and now all animations are working smoothly.