Ancestral Quest Genealogy - Windows XP

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Don Chapman, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Don Chapman

Don Chapman Bit poster

When I upgraded to Parallels 5, everything went fine with one exception. I use a Windows genealogy program called Ancestral Quest (AQ). After installation of the Parallels update, many of the functions of the AQ program slowed way down. These slow functions were mostly when the AQ program was accessing the database or compiling, for example, an alphabetical listing of the database.

All other programs operating under Parallels seem to operate with no slowdown in speed.

I wonder if anyone else who may be using the AQ program has had a similar experience, and if anyone has a solution, I would welcome suggestions. I have done a re-install of the AQ program after the Parallels upgrade.

Thanks
    Don

2. VeeB

VeeB Junior Member

Ancestral Quest on MacBook Pro, Lion OS X 10.7.1

I just upgraded to Lion OS X 10.7.1. Running Windows 7 under Parallels 6. Ancestral Quest (a genealogy program) ran fine under the Leopard OS X 10.6.8. When I start Ancestral Quest running in Coherence mode I just get an Ancestral Quest icon in the tray at the bottom of the screen. I tried it under the full screen Windows 7, running under parallels and it also fails.

Anyone else having trouble with it after upgrading to Lion OS?

It ran fine before the upgrade.