Windows coherence mode not working with Lion screen sharing

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by phesopheon, Aug 18, 2011.

1. phesopheon

phesopheon Member

Has anyone else seen this? Enable screen sharing in lion, and connect to a virtual screen (new feature of OSX Lion). Coherence mode does not work. Windowed mode works fine.

Paul

2. AIbertC

AIbertC Bit poster

I'm having the same problem.

I've just bought Parallels v6 and I've found out that it doesn't work.

3. VeeB

VeeB Junior Member

I just discovered a similar problem. I just upgraded to Lion OS X 10.7.1 and am running Parallels 6. I use a new MacBook Pro 15" with an i7 processor and 8 MBytes of memory.

I run Parallels 6 and Windows 7 so that I can run Ancestral Quest (a Genealogy program that runs only under Windows). It was working fine after the upgrade to Lion. I believe there was also an upgrade to Parallels and to Parallels Tool Kit. I use an external 23" LCD monitor. I found out that I could move the controls from the MacBook Pro screen to the external monitor. This way the external monitor is the control screen with all of the menus, etc. on that screen.

When running in that mode, Ancestral Quest will not run. I see an icon in the system tray, but can not see any of the open windows. I moved the Control back to the laptop screen and it works fine. I suspect there is a problem running Windows programs (at least some of them) in parallels with an external monitor being the control monitor.

Easy fix, but frustrating!