Parallels 5 Quickbooks Pro 2010 Windows 7 issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Machappy, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Machappy

Machappy Bit poster

Everything is working fine except regularly windows I have open in Quickbooks disappear on their own (for instance home screen or check register). This is driving me crazy because if I use the toolbar and select WINDOW it shows they are still open! The only solution is to chose CLOSE ALL and then reopen the window I want. I have been able to see a window at the far far right (I can see a line and that is all) and sometimes drag it over but usually it just isn't anywhere I can see.

Another very strange problem: The contents in the window scrolls sideways sometimes. This is a window which is open all the way. Sometimes I'm about to drag it sideways so that the window is still there but the contents is out of view (all I see is blank).

What the heck is going on? I've never seen either of these things happen with my old install....Parallels 4 Quickbooks 2010.

2. APRILF

APRILF Bit poster

I cannot get QuickBooks or anything else to install. Win 7 does not recognize the CD in my new MacBook. I tried to creat a ISO image to install QB but the ISO image fails to be created.

3. BerwinL

BerwinL Bit poster

windows disappearing

I am having the same problem the invoice window is there and then poof it's gone. New imac with trial of parallels 5.0 and XP running QB2010. I have a Bluetooth calculator SMK-LINK and I can't get it to work either. It is acting like it needs a number lock turned on but the wireless keyboard doesn't have a number lock key. Can anybody help with these problems.

4. CEWRay

CEWRay Bit poster

Quickbooks windows disappear by going sideways with magic mouse? stay open but you cannot get them back! Same problem, but I have another program that is integrating with QB so I need to shut it down first, then shut down windows and then restart them both. To prevent it a little, I keep all windows closed on QB all the time except when I am working on them, I also click on somewhere else outside of QB to make sure I am not on QB. I have reduced the incidence by about %50 by doing this. Very annoying. Others users please post this so it may get some attention.

5. CEWRay

CEWRay Bit poster

QB windows disappear sideways, but stay open, must restart QB to recover.
    I should mention, I am running Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac, QB Pro 2008, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, and using a Magic Mouse

6. Dent McCutcheon

Dent McCutcheon Bit poster

Quickbooks windows scrolling sideways, disappearing

I am having the same problem and find it extremely frustrating. I'm running Quickbooks Pro 2008 in a WinXP SP3 virtual machine under Parallels 6 on a MacMini w/OS X 10.6.6. I don't recall this problem occurring with previous versions of Parallels. I recently upgraded to a Magic Mouse from a corded Apple Mouse (M/N: A1152) plugged into the USB port of the keyboard. I do recall the horizontal scrolling problem in Quickbooks existed with the old USB mouse, but it is now much worse with the Magic Mouse.

When working in Quickbooks the open windows or the contents of any open windows will start scrolling horizontally with no warning. I can sometimes stop it or make it scroll the opposite direction with a swipe of the mouse to get it back where it should be, but sometimes it just keeps scrolling off screen and nothing I do will make it stop.

Sometimes the open windows in Quickbooks will just disappear without warning. Sometimes I can get them back by selecting one of the the Tile or Cascade options from the Window pull-down menu, but sometimes they're just gone and the only way to get them back is to close and reopen Quickbooks.

Extremely frustrating when you're trying to get work done. I hope somebody at Parallels tech support is aware of this and working on a solution.

7. RupertS

RupertS Bit poster

Windows disappearing in Quickbooks 2011-2012

When running Quickbooks 2011-2012 in Parallels 6 the windows disappear and are no longer accessible. The only way round this is to go to the View drop-down menu and set the single Window option. Although you will only get one window at a time, the sidebar has a list of all the windows that have been opened so you can easily switch between jobs by clicking on the appropriate one. It also keeps things tidier on the screen.

8. RupertS

RupertS Bit poster

I agree. It was interesting talking to Quickbooks' technical support. They said they don't support queries relating to Quickbooks running in virtual mode. The best they could suggest was to reinstall. Didn't help. Next I asked why they had not produced a full standalone version of Quickbooks for Mac in Australia. They said there wasn't enough consumer demand. Apple is now bigger than Microsoft and IBM!!

They do have a rental cloud-based version which cost around $400 a year. I don't like the idea of renting software. Just as I don't rent my tv.

In fairness they did send me a download link for my old Quickbooks 7.4. I had lost the CD This version is very stable and works fine. This was done through their customer support department.

I gave them zero stars in their customer satisfaction survey.
    I wonder if anyone has used Bootcamp to run Quickbooks 2011-2012. This may solve the problem.

9. RupertS

RupertS Bit poster

Since my last post, I have installed Bootcamp and run Quickbooks 2011-12 through it. It runs faster and I have no
    problems anymore. I found the installation procedure for Bootcamp. Windows 7 Professional student version cost
    $AUD 119. The need to reboot is no problem if you have only 1 or 2 Windows you are running and intend spend some time working on them such as financial software.