applications folder

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by n3p3nthess, Sep 1, 2011.

1. n3p3nthess

n3p3nthess Bit poster

When starting Parallels in coherence mode, it creates a folder "Aplications Parallels" folder in my home folder.
    Is there a way to move that folder elsewhere, or rename that folder?
    It seems that Parallels automatic generates that folder.

2. wonder_mice

wonder_mice Hunter

This folder "~/Applications (Parallels)" holds Windows applications shared with your Mac.
    You can move its content to "~/Applications" folder, but then all Windows applications (more than 100 apps per virtual machine) will be in your Mac Launchpad (on Mac OS 10.7 Lion). I don't think you want it.

Other way is to disable "Share Windows applications with Mac" option in virtual machine configuration. However you will not be able to use Crystal mode then.

3. stinklyonion

stinklyonion Junior Member

hi there. i have the same question. can you specify where can i find this Application (Parallels) folder? starting from the root folder? i appreciate your help on this. thanks a lot.

4. wonder_mice

wonder_mice Hunter

"/Users/stinklyonion/Applications (Parallels)/"

5. Akumu

Akumu Bit poster

Annoying

I am not bothered having an applications folder in my home since I can add other apps I don't want in my main apps folder to it but, seriously, two is completely unacceptable. And no I won't stop sharing because that means I can't use coherence crystal mode which is required on retina MBP for it to show up correctly. I had no problems with this in the beta yet this was added to the release without testing.

Fix this so users don't have to manually hide the folder.

For the users, you can go to terminal and hide the folder using the command "chflags hidden"
    chflags hidden drag the folder to hide here
    and then press enter.

This will hide it from automatically showing in the dock as well unfortunately so you may want to drag it to the dock first if you like it there, I don't since it has a million apps I will never use. I just drag the app I use instead, if you do that parallels will open and start the app.

This works with any folder so you can hide both if you like.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012