Image Quality on Mobile app

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MalB, Sep 1, 2011.

1. MalB

MalB Junior Member

Hi Guys

I think this is my first post here!

I am a fairly new Parallels user (since June) and today I upgraded to Parallels 7 and also upgraded the Mobile app on my iPhone & iPad.

Unfortunately the Image quality slider does not seem to work as it did previously. Before there was a very clear difference in image quality with the recommended setting being the third click across I think.

Now the recommended setting is only 2 across and setting to 3 or 4 does not improve the quality - leaving a fuzzy image. Shifting down to the lowest setting does seem to reduce the quality certainly in colour depth and shifting back to setting 2 improves it a bit but still 3 and 4 do nothing. It is the blurry text which is the biggest concern.

The sound setting seems to make no difference either - the sound still plays out of the desktop machine, not the iPhone/iPad. I have friend reinstalling the Parallels Tools again but to no avail.

Anyone else got this problem or can advise what I may do to fix it?
    TIA
    Mal

2. biglar

biglar Pro

According to documentation in the app store, sound is only supported with Parallels 7 installed on your mac.

3. kfoggy1

kfoggy1 Bit poster

Same here in regards to the Sound not working. I have updated Parallels today to 7, and my mobile app is updated. No sound happening. Any advice out there?

4. MalB

MalB Junior Member

Thanks for the tips - I am on Parallels 7 and with the latest Mobile app.

I reduced the Screen resolution and it improves the clarity of the image on the IOS device so I think it must be something related to that maybe?

Permanently reducing the screen resolution is not a workable work around for me though - My Mac has a Desktop dedicated to running Windows 7 via Parallels in full screen and, as I said in post 1, it used to be fine.

I don't know whether I need to report this formally as a bug or do Parallels staff identify bugs from these posts? Advice would be welcome

TIA
    Mal

5. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

Hi.

What is your original screen resolution on host? Also could you please send us problem report (at Parallels Desktop specify Help->Report a problem) and post here it id.

6. MalB

MalB Junior Member

Hi Sandro

Thanks for looking at this - I have tried to create a problem report but on each of three attempts the report gets about 80% of the way through then tells me there are networking issues preventing the report being sent - I know of no networking issues at my end so not sure what is going wrong there - is there another way of doing that please? I realise that a lot of diagnostic data is attached to the problem report so your advise would be most helpful.

As to my current screen resolution - it is 2560 * 1440 which is what I understand to be the 27" iMac default.

HTH
    Mal

7. sandro

MalB.

Please check your private messages - i've provided there instructions how to send us problem report in your case. Also could you please describe in details what is pure quality of picture from your POV? Maybe you can provide some screenshots with remarks (please use the same resource for them as for problem report archive).

8. sandro

Please check follow:

1. you' working with virtual machine not via remote Mac control (on the moment we don't have sound support there)
    2. sound is not switched off at guest Windows
    3. sound device enabled at virtual machine configuration

If sound was switched off before you started to work with VM and you've switched on later then try to relogin to VM (press Back and then select required VM again).

9. MalB

MalB Junior Member

Hi Sandro

I have replied to your pm and will have a go with screen shots later today

Mal

10. MalB

MalB Junior Member

[​IMG]