Parallels 7 on Mac App Store

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MaticK, Sep 3, 2011.

1. MaticK

MaticK Bit poster

Hello,

will Parallels 7 be available on the Mac App Store. I would like to buy it but I am buying software only through Mac App Store.

Thanks

Matic

2. stinklyonion

stinklyonion Junior Member

as of this time, they only have Parallel 6 available on Mac Store.. hope that version 7 will be released soon.[​IMG]

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

What? Parallels Desktop isn't available in the Mac App Store, only Parallels Transporter. And I think it's unlikely that we will see PDM being available on the App Store any time soon, simply because Apps there are required to be completely contained within the .app, that's not the case for PDM.

4. OnEmAnArMy

OnEmAnArMy Junior Member

PD cannot stay on App Store because of Apple constrains: in fact no app that loads kext can stay on app store.
    I guess we'll never seen parallels on mac app store, unless they will not change the rules..

5. RianQ

RianQ Junior Member

Parallels and VMWare will not be on the app store anytime soon as they require kernel modules which is a no-no in app land.

6. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

Unless ur Apple selling an entire OS :)

7. JessicaW

JessicaW Banned

I am not sure it will be possible. Better purchase Parallels on authorized dealers just to be on the safe side

8. Sir BrianW

Sir BrianW Bit poster

I want the latest Parallels in the Mac App store so I can use my Apple ITunes gift card.

9. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

People, you won't see Parallels Desktop on the Mac App Store anytime soon, period, it's the exact type of app that can't be sold on the App Store because of the reasons already explained.