fusion user, free upgrade entitlement if buy now

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JunwenH, Sep 2, 2011.

1. JunwenH

JunwenH Bit poster

Hi there
    I'm a Fusion user, I saw the news today. the new feature is pretty exciting.
    Just want to confirm that if I buy upgrade from fusion to PD6 today I can get free upgrade to PD7 on 6 Sept or so.

Thank you.

2. PhilipRoy

PhilipRoy Bit poster

I'm keen to know this also. I can't see it spelt out anywhere.

Phil

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Why not wait a couple of days? :)

4. PhilipRoy

PhilipRoy Bit poster

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

No mention? It has "Parallels Desktop 7" written in at least six separate occasions starting with the big title. :)

They probably updated the page in the mean time, check it again.

6. ikelleigh

ikelleigh Bit poster

I just did a Fusion cross-grade to Parallels 6 over the weekend and haven't gotten an upgrade key for Parallels 7 yet. I will contact customer support to see if it's on it's way. That page has changed to Parallels 7, but the one paragraph was there when I upgraded to 6:

"You CAN run Lion and still use your VMs - using Parallels Desktop for Mac. Cross grade today and you'll be eligible for a complimentary upgrade to our next version."

7. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Hi ikelleigh, if you purchased from www.parallels.com online store from August,1 then you will receive your free upgrade key to Parallels Desktop 7 within the next 7 business days. An automated message with the key will be sent to the email address indicated in the order of version 6.

8. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

9. ikelleigh

ikelleigh Bit poster

I saw that reply in another post and have to ask, why on earth does it take 7 business days to send an automated email? I would expect that kind of delay if I was getting the key in snail mail with a boxed copy of the software.

10. EkapolT

EkapolT Junior Member

When I bought PD6 from parallels.com, it takes 2-3 days before I received key. That's the longest turnaround time for me when buying software online.

11. PhilipRoy

PhilipRoy Bit poster

I waited a few hours and the page was updated more...it took me straight to the purchase of Parallels 7 and not 6. All good!

Phil

12. JessicaW

JessicaW Banned

I know, it is the longest time for us to received any confirmation in transactions online. But, its worth the wait. And we just can't blame them, because I know they verify everything before sending the confirmation on email [​IMG]