MBA 2011 + Parallels 7 = has to boot twice?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Daleski75, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Daleski75

Daleski75 Junior Member

Hi Everyone

Got a very strange issue with my MBA 2011 running Lion 10.7.1 which is that with parallels 7 installed any reboot or power on means the first time it tries to boot it spends 30 seconds at the grey apple logo restarts and then the 2nd time it always boots up fine.

Uninstalling parallels 7 results in it booting up first time every time.

Below is a break down of the specs just in case they are needed

MBA 2011, 4gb 13"
    Encrypted 128gb SSD (filevault)
    Parallels 7

2. ShannonA

ShannonA Member

Do you have FileValut2 enabled? If so, this issue has been address and currently being worked on.

3. Daleski75

Daleski75 Junior Member

I do have filevault2 enabled on my mba and it's nice to know this issue will be resolved in a later release.

4. BernhardB

BernhardB Hunter

5. AmyStewart

AmyStewart Junior Member

I just want to ask if where can we buy this solution? Is it advisable to purchase it in a authorized seller or we just buy it to any sites available. Been thinking of the free upgrade latter on and some say, it will only be given if you buy it in authorized distributor

6. BernhardB

BernhardB Hunter

AmyStewart - this is just a matter of checking for updates from the Parallels Desktop menu. This is nothing to buy.

7. BernhardB

BernhardB Hunter

What else went wrong on the PD FileVault bug?

I did have the same problem as described by Daleski75.

After the new update, the second log-in screen is gone. But I have to raise two issues now where I do not know whether PD or Lion is the issue?

1) The log-in screen remains although now FileVault is off, as well as all corresponding system preferences. There should be an automatic log-in now, but there is not.

2) The sound control got killed. The menubar shows a grey out sound control. Pressing the sound controls results into the image you see as an attachment: it is blocked.

Does anyone have suggestion on how to troubleshoot both?

Attached Files: