Network Printer + Bonjour = still doesn't work

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by cgorni, Feb 20, 2007.

1. cgorni

cgorni Bit poster

Hi,

I have an EPSON AcuLaser CX11NF connected to my router. It has a static IP (as well as all computers connected to the router) and works well with my XP computer(s) and the new iMac.

In Parallels (RC2) on the iMac it doesn't.

- the XP EpsonNet Install does not find the printer in the network
    - I can nevertheless ping my printer's IP
    - shared networking is enabled in Parallels

After some research, I installed Bonjour for XP in Parallels. I was happy to see that Bonjour indeed found the printer. I used the drivers from the EPSON CD and Bonjour created it as my default printer.

BUT, whenever I print something (Office 2007, notepad, ...), the printer queue just gets an entry for a fraction of a second, then the entry disappears. After that, nothing "arrives" at the printer. No sign of the print job in XP either. No error message that I can see.

- I still can ping the printer
    - Still EpsonNet Install does not find it
    - Bonjour finds the printer
    - The iMac printer sharing is enabled.
    - The printer properties in the printer dialog in Office are those I would expect (EPSON settings), so the drivers seem to be installed

And now?

C.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  2. cgorni

cgorni Bit poster

3. leejsci

leejsci Member

Dear Cgorni

Good morning to you and sorry to hear about the printing issue.
    if you are able to ping the printer and has its own IP address...
    Go to add printer, select local printer (uncheck auto detect) and select New port, Standard TCP/IP and when prompted for name of the printer, simply type in the IP address of the printer.

I do recommend to uninstall all the Epson stuff from your winVM before you do this...:)

Other than that, it would do the trick.. if not give me a ring..

Good luck.

JL